Monday 8 August 2016

Hog Plum Drink


Hog Plum Drink.

By no means is a hog involved as it's just the name of the plum :)) and they come in different colors a bigger version that ripens red and this one that ripens with an orange skin.

Both are available here on the island and this orange kind is the first that I have come across so far and Yes! I put my juice works to the test :)

Well this little fruit has a very big seed and at first when I decided to make the drink I was thinking about just peeling the fruit meat off the seed and blend but iI had so many plums so I decided to blend them instead.

But then I looked at the blender and decided to give it a try, and you know what? It worked, dispute the way my blender seemed to want to joggle off the counter :)).

I must say here! Try not to put to many plums in the blender as to much will be heavy on the blades.

If you're having seconds thoughts just peel the fruit meat off the seeds and then blend, to your consistency of preference that is if you want a smoothie or drink, and by the way may I add that the smoothie is tasty as well :))

Blending the fruit as I said is a challenge so you have to do less fruit, take out the seeds from the blender and gradually proceed to blend some more and continue until all the plums are undress of their fruity meat skins.

Strain juice into another jug and after washing the blender place some ice cubes and pour back the strain plum juice.

At this stage you can sweeten if it's your preference or just leave it the natural way , I may also add that both ways are tasty :)

Blend well with ice and serve :) This is a tasty drink Enjoy! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment